1. Movements of private cars will be charged a mileage rate per car mile with a minimum charge, both as
established by Amtrak and as shown under Private Car Rates on the following pages.
2. All charges are subject to revision or change.
3. The total private car invoice is payable in full, fourteen days prior to movement or within seven days of
receipt of invoice. All subsequent movement requests will not be processed for anyone who has an outstanding balance of 30 days or more.
4. When Amtrak incurs any additional costs in order to switch a private car(s), these charges will be paid by the
Owner/Operator. This includes but is not limited to using extra crews, retaining crews on overtime or calling
crews early for their assignment.
5. When movement of a private car necessitates the addition of an extra locomotive, an additional charge will
6. Changes to a confirmed itinerary that are requested by an Owner in writing, will be considered by Amtrak, if
operationally feasible. A charge will be assessed when a change is made within 14 calendar days of the
initial date of movement for changes in date(s), train or itinerary, addition, reduction or substitution of car(s)
(except where substitution is due to mechanical failure of the originally scheduled car) or partial cancellation.
The penalties for such changes are detailed below:
14 calendar days or earlier before confirmed departure: No Charge.
7 to 13 calendar days prior to confirmed departure: 10 percent of total invoice.
1 to 6 calendar days prior to confirmed departure: 25 percent of total invoice.
7. In case of a billing dispute, the Owner must identify specific charges that are being disputed. A credit will be
issued if disputed charges are found in Owner s favor. The request for a credit, with all applicable
supporting documentation, must be submitted in writing no later than 30 days after the completion of that trip
or 30 days after the invoice is received.
8. All Owners/Operators, who have an outstanding balance of over 30 days, will be charged a 2% per month late fee.