Whereas, the Sponsor wishes NTDA Speaker Services to visit the Sponsor to enhance the opportunities to have contact with a working NTDA Professional Speaker; and
Whereas, NTDA Speaker wishes to lecture with respect to his or her work and perform such other services as this contract may call for;
Now, Therefore, in consideration of the foregoing premises and the mutual covenants hereinafter set forth and other valuable considerations, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. NTDA Speaker to Lecture. NTDA Speaker hereby agrees to come to the Sponsor on the following date(s):___________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________ and perform the following services: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________NTDA Speaker shall use best efforts to make his or her services as productive as possible to the Sponsor.
RBCS Speaker further agrees to bring examples of his or her own work in the form of _____________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________.
2. Payment. The Sponsor agrees to pay as full compensation for NTDA Speaker Services rendered under Paragraph 1 the sum of $_________. This sum shall be payable to NTDA Speaker Services on completion of the _________ day of NTDA Speaker residence with the Sponsor.
3. Expenses. In addition to the payments provided under Paragraph 2, the Sponsor agrees to reimburse NTDA Speaker Services for the following expenses:
(A) Travel expenses in the amount of $________.
(B) Food and lodging expenses in the amount of $________.
(C) Other expenses listed here:__________________________________________________in the amount of $________.
The reimbursement for travel expenses shall be made fourteen (14) days prior to the earliest date specified in Paragraph 1. The reimbursement for food, lodging, and other expenses shall be made at the date of payment specified in Paragraph 2, unless a contrary date is specified here:___________________________________.
In addition, the Sponsor shall provide NTDA Speaker with the following:
(A) Tickets for travel, rental car, or other modes of transportation as follows: __________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(B) Food and lodging as follows: ______________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(C) Other hospitality as follows: _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Inability to Perform. If RBCS Speaker is unable to appear on the dates scheduled in Paragraph 1 due to illness, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to make any payments under Paragraphs 2 and 3, but shall attempt to reschedule NTDA Speaker appearance at a mutually acceptable future date. If the Sponsor is prevented from having NTDA Speaker appear by Acts of God, hurricane, flood, governmental order, or other cause beyond its control, the Sponsor shall be responsible only for the payment of such expenses under Paragraph 3 as the Photographer shall have actually incurred. The Sponsor agrees in such a case to attempt to reschedule NTDA Speaker appearance at a mutually acceptable future date.
5. Late Payment. The Sponsor agrees that, in the event it is late in making payment of amounts due to NTDA Speaker Services under Paragraphs 2, 3, or 8, it will pay as additional liquidated damages _______ percent in interest on the amounts it is owing to NTDA Speaker Services, said interest to run from the date stipulated for payment in Paragraphs 2, 3, or 8 until such time as payment is made.
6. Copyrights and Recordings. Both parties agree that NTDA Speaker Services shall retain all rights, including copyrights, in relation to recordings of any kind made of the appearance or any works shown in the course thereof. The term "recording" as used herein shall include any recording made by electronic transcription, tape recording, wire recording, film, videotape, or other similar or dissimilar method of recording, whether now known or hereinafter developed. No use of any such recording shall be made by the Sponsor without the written consent of the Photographer and, if stipulated therein, additional compensation for such use.
7. Insurance and Loss or Damage. The Sponsor agrees that it shall provide wall-to-wall insurance for the works listed on the Schedule of NTDA Speaker Services for the values specified therein. The Sponsor agrees that it shall be fully responsible and have strict liability for any loss or damage to the work from the time it leaves NTDA Speaker residence or studio until such time as it is returned there.
8. Packing and Shipping. The Sponsor agrees that it shall fully bear any costs of packing and shipping necessary to deliver the works specified in Paragraph 7 to the Sponsor and return them to NTDA Speaker Services residence or studio.
9. Modification. This contract contains the full understanding between the parties hereto and may only be modified in a written instrument signed by both parties.
10. Governing Law. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of __________________________.
In Witness Whereof, the parties hereto have signed this Agreement as of the date first set forth above.
NTDA Speaker Services____________________________________________ Sponsor___________________________________________
Authorized Signatory, Title